Glyph Project – Visual Interpretations of Contemporary Western Culture
Glyph: A pictograph or hieroglyph, a symbol that imparts information non verbally.
What do different colors mean to you? What does an object symbolize? Is it anger or love, is it life or death? ….Do we think the same way as our ancestors? This project will gather information on current western cultural views…be a part of this fascinating project.
The mission: Individuals act to create a project that reflects the core of who we are as a community….to find out, if in our blended western culture, we retain associations with color and symbols held by our ancestors…to find our common denominator; that which transcends the differences in our belief systems…the human experience; resulting in a visual art multi-media experience for the benefit of many.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Need to live at least 6 months out of a year in the United States
- Do not have to subscribe to particular belief systems
- Do not have to be a citizen of the United States
- No identifying personal information is required to participate
Click the images below for most recent data from responses. Stats as of 08.27.2013